INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Monday, May 01, 2023

 Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork


I am not big on pulled pork nor am I big on things made with BBQ sauce.  This recipe has both and I LOVE it!  Recipe calls for Pork Shoulder Roast.  I used the sale slab of pork (I don't even know what it was called) and cooked it on the slowwwwww setting - i.e. 12 hours on low.


Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast 
  • 1 cup barbeque sauce (I used "Dianna")
  • ½ cup apple cider vinegar
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • ¼ cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 small onion, or 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
  • 8 hamburger buns, split
  • 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed


Directions

1.    Pour vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place pork roast into the slow cooker. In a bowl combine barbeque sauce, vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme - mix well and pour into slow cooker.  Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or High for 5 to 6 hours until pork shreds easily with a fork.


2.    Remove pork from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir to combine with juices.


3.    Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast buns, butter-side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pulled pork into toasted buns.


4.  Enjoy!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment