INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Friday, September 08, 2023

 Cranberry Sauce Muffins

You know when you make that delicious chicken or turkey with all the fixings and at the end of the day you have left over cranberry sauce but no turkey left.  So, what do you do with that sauce??  Make Muffins!  I tried this recipe and quite liked it.  As you can see there are no photos as I ate them all up, they were that good.  Actually I freeze my muffins and thaw one in the fridge overnight so I can eat it with my coffee in the morning.


Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

  • ½ cup packed brown sugar

  • ¼ cup white sugar

  • 1 tablespoon baking powder

  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • ½ teaspoon ground cardamom

  • ½ teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce

  • ¾ cup milk

  • ¼ cup vegetable oil

  • 1 large egg, slightly beaten

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


    Directions:

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.

    Beat cranberry sauce, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla together in a bowl until well combined.

    Whisk flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt together in a separate bowl.

    Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until batter is just moistened.

    Pour into the prepared muffin cups.

    Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.

    Each muffin is about 145 Calories.  Muffins freeze well.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment