INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Thursday, November 04, 2021

ADULT H O T D O G S

 Believe it or not, I made these for dinner one night with Shaun and family and they liked it.  Great for a quick dinner (that dinner was on October 31st, just before Trick or Treating, so with veggies and dip it made a quick meal).  And it is tasty.  Remember Costco hot dogs??  I always bought one of those with sauerkraut, mmmmm.

                                

Ingredients

Large Hot Dogs 

6 Slices of Bacon

Cheese of your choice (I use Old Cheddar)


Directions1.     

Preheat oven to 400°F

Make a lengthwise slit in each hot dog making sure not to cut right through to bottom of weiner.

Cut cheese into skinny strips and insert in the slit of hot dog

Wrap each hot dog with bacon securing start and end with toothpick

Place on wire rack that is on top of cookie sheet (I put tin foil on bottom of sheet for easy clean up) and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness.

Toast buns if desired and insert bacon/cheese hot dog.

Serve with choice of condiments. I offer ketchup, relish, dijon mustard, sauerkrautk, freshly cut red onions.

Serve with fresh veggies and dip or hummus and there is your meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment