INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Thursday, November 04, 2021

Hallo ... Weenies (Hallowe'en Hot Dogs)

 I made this for the kids the night of Trick or Treating.  It was a quick and easy dinner for those young ones anxious to get going.  Would be great for a Hallowe'en party for kids as well.


Ingredients

One Package Pilllsbury Crescent Rolls or preferably Hot Dog Rolls

6 to 8 Hot Dogs

Nonstick spray & Parchment Paper


Directions

Preheat oven to 375°F.  

Open crescent or hot dog rolls onto cutting board and with long side facing you cut 1/4 to 1/2" wide strips.  (I find the skinnier the better so used the 1/4" cuts)

Start with one strip of dough and wrap it around the hot dog like a mummy bandage.  Continue, pressing the end of the last strip together with the start of a new strip and leave a small space between the "body" and the top of the "head" so you can dot two eyes there.  Try to get the joints on the bottom, then place joined side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment (obviously I didn't have parchment so used tin foil) and sprayed with cooking spray.  Repeat with all of the hot dogs.


Bake for 12-17 minutes until the strips are golden brown.  Let cool for 5 minutes.  When cooled add two dots of mustard for the eyes.

You can watch a video on the Pillsbury site.  They use cheese with theirs but my kids don't like cheese with their hot dogs.

Hallo-weenies How To





No comments:

Post a Comment