INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

BROCCOLI CHOWDER



It's winter and it is COLD outside.  A perfect day to make Broccoli Chowder.  If you are lucky enough to own my cookbook Our Family Table , you will find this recipe on page 27.  If not, Page 27 is below.  

This is about a half pound of broccoli.  

I own a Pampered Chef Food Chopper which I love.  It makes chopping so easy and everything is chopped to a small size.  

I've made this recipe many times.  It is easy and tastes great and warms the cockles of my heart especially when it is -45 outside with the wind chill.  I made it today sans the sour cream as I was not about to brave the cold just for that, but I do like to add it when it is in my fridge and perhaps a dollop of sour cream on top of the bowl of soup just before serving adds a little a je ne sais quois.  




Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment