INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Parmesan Roasted Carrots

 



The schools have fundraisers in which you purchase locally grown food.  One item in my box of produce was a huge bag of carrots, so I decided to experiment with new recipes.  This is the first one on my list.  I made it, was them invited over to my son's house for dinner and brought the prepared new recipe as I had just finished cooking it.  It was delicious.  I loved it, two six year olds loved it as did my son.  Easy to make, quick to prepare and tasty for everyone.  What more can I say?


Ingredients

  • 2 pounds (1kg) carrots, washed and halved (I peeled them and cut them in chunks rather than halved)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 4 large cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs, (or normal breadcrumbs)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Fresh chopped parsley, optional

Instructions:
  • 1.  Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.  

    As I was cooking for one, I halved the recipe.  Above is 1 pound of carrots which lasted me for a few meals.
2.  Arrange carrots on baking sheet. Add the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. (I used bread crumbs as I didn't have Panko).  Toss all ingredients together to completely coat the carrots. 


Although this recipe called for whole carrots cut in half, I cut mine in chunks, put them in a roasting pan and mixed all the ingredients together in this pan. 

3.  Spread out and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through.  (I cooked mine for 30 minutes, tossing after 15 minutes).

4.  Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.



Serves 6

NUTRITION

Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 193mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g

No comments:

Post a Comment