INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Monday, April 06, 2020

The Difference between Dry Active and Quick Rise Yeast

                                       

   

I just read an excellent article on YEAST.  It answered my questions, so instead of plagiarizing this article, here is a link:

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-active-dry-yeast-and-instant-yeast-54252

In a nutshell, yeast is a living microorganism used to make dough rise (and in fermenting beer).  Both Active Dry and Quick Rising yeasts are dormant until activated.  Active dry yeast is activated by a warm liquid .  Instant yeast (also called Quick Rise and Rapid Yeast) doesn't require this warm liquid. It can be added directly to the dough (enzymes and there additives are included in this yeast to make dough rise quicker).  The two yeasts can be used interchangeably.

Which should you use.  Doesn't really matter apparently.  Use whatever you have on hand.  Just remember it takes longer for Dry Active Yeast to rise so if the recipe calls for Instant Yeast, use an extra 10-15 minutes for the rise.

Oh yeah, and my tip ... check the best before date.  It can make a difference.  AND, refrigerate.  It keeps the yeast fresher.


No comments:

Post a Comment