INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Monday, March 29, 2021

 LEMON GLAZE for MADELEINES

Follow the steps for baking MADELEINES.  Following is the lemon glazing.  Very tasty!

INGREDIENTS

3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (150 g)

1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice

2 TBSP water


While the Madeleines are baking, make the glaze as follows:

In a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and water until smooth.

Remove Madeleines from oven and tilt onto a cooling rack.  The moment they're cool enough to handle, dip each cake in the glaze, turning them over to make sure both sides are coated and scrape off any excess with a dull knife.  NOTE:  I coat ONLY the tops as I find this sweet enough yet the lemon flavouring is sufficiently strong.  After dipping, rest each one back on the cooling rack, scalloped side up, until the cakes are cool and the glaze has firmed up.


NOTE:  Do not freeze Madeleines after glazing as the glaze will melt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment