INTRODUCTION

I eat every day. I eat at restaurants, other people's houses, and at home, to name a few. There are so many good dishes out there and every once in a while I attempt them at home. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not so much. But when I do make something I like, I want to keep the recipe in a place where I have quick access to it. So, here comes my new Food Blog. It is a place I can add recipes I like on a continuous basis and I can share these recipes with you. So, if you have a recipe that you want to share, please send it to me at 1Lauren23@gmail.com. I will cook/bake it, and if it works for me too, I will add it to my Blog. !!Welcome!! And Let's Eat.

PLEASE USE THE S E A R C H tool on the right hand side. You can search by ingredient i.e. "banana" or by course, i.e. "Breakfast".

Wednesday, September 04, 2024

 HEALTHY BRAN MUFFINS


                                     stack of two bran muffins sitting on pink linen.

These bran muffins are Flavourful, wholesome, and tender.  Make sure you’re using pure wheat bran, not bran cereal. Use your favourite add-ins, or leave the muffins plain. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 and 1/2 cups (195gwhole wheat flour or all-purpose flour if preferred
  • 1 cup (52gwheat bran
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup (170ghoney or pure maple syrup
  • 1/3 cup (75gcoconut oil, melted Or use vegetable oil, melted butter, or avocado oil instead
  • 1/3 cup (60gunsweetened applesauce, at room temperature or use a mashed banana
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (240ml) nondairy milk (or dairy milk), at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup (about 100graisins or, as I prefer, chocolate chips
  • Sprinkling of raw sugar for tops
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use muffin liners or silicone muffin tins.
  2. Whisk the flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
  3. Whisk the egg, honey, melted coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and milk together in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine. Switch to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon and fold in the raisins or chocolate chips, if using.  I like to sprinkle raw sugar on the tops and sometimes add a walnut or pecan half on top as well.
  4. Spoon the batter evenly into muffin tins (makes 12). Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C). Bake for an additional 14–15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The total time these muffins take in the oven is about 20 minutes, give or take. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment